DENVER | Investigators say it appears that a 55-year-old woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a fire at a home in Adams County.
The county coroner’s office released the initial findings Friday but said the manner of Troylean Myers’ death remains under investigation.
The intense fire was reported the afternoon of Jan. 26, and neighbors told KMGH-TV (https://goo.gl/Jwm4xj) they came outside to find 20-foot flames shooting from the mobile home.
Two men escaped the home with minor injuries, but first-responders had to pull Myers out and resuscitate her. She died at a hospital Saturday morning.
Sgt. Jim Morgen with the Adams County Sheriff’s Office says an arson investigator has ruled the fire was accidental, but the agency hasn’t released the specific cause of the blaze.