AURORA | Adams County prosecutors today filed kidnapping charges against a man accused of snatching an 8-year-old girl from her north Aurora bedroom last week.
John Stanley Snorsky, 26, is facing four felonies — second-degree kidnapping, first-degree burglary, second- degree burglary and enticement of a child — as well as misdemeanor assault and child abuse charges. If convicted of all the charges, Snorsky could face more than 40 years in prison.
Prosecutors said Snorsky will be formally advised of the charges in court Friday morning.
Police say DNA evidence proves Snorsky is the man who briefly kidnapped the girl Oct. 28 from her home on Hanover Street in north Aurora. The girl yelled from help and her abductor dropped her in an alley behind the home, police said.
Snorsky, an artist who also worked at an Aurora sandwich shop, was arrested two days after the kidnapping on separate theft charges. He is also accused of violating his parole in a 2004 burglary case.
As of Tuesday afternoon, Snorsky remains in the Arapahoe County Jail on the theft charges and parole violation. He is expected to be transferred to Adams County Jail soon.

