Celebrate National Crème Brûlée Day (July 27), National Cheesecake Day (July 30), Cotton Candy Day (July 31), National Raspberry Cream Pie Day (August 1), and National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (August 2).
• Arapahoe County Fair, through July 29, Arapahoe County Fairgrounds, 25690 E. Quincy Ave., Aurora. Information: arapahoecountyfair.com. Details: Activities include Baked Pie Contest (July 26), Pie Eating Contest (July 27), and Chocolate Cake Contest (July 28)
• 13th Annual Rocky Mountain Tea Festival, July 28-29, Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse, Boulder. Information: boulderteahouse.com/rocky-mountain-tea-festival. Details: seminars, tea dinner, kids’ tea parties, Tea and Cocktails class
• Kyle’s Brew Fest, July 28, Boulder Beer Co., Boulder. Information: kylehollingsworth.com. Details: Taste String Cheese Incident’s Kyle Hollingsworth’s summer seasonal beer, Hoopla Pale Ale, plus 60 local and national craft brews.
• Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, July 28-29, Sloan’s Lake, Denver. Information: cdbf.org. Details: This event provides the single best opportunity to taste cuisines from all over Asia in one place
• Havana Exchange Farmers Market, 10 a.m-3 p.m. Mondays, Havana and Yale, Aurora
• Hanger 2 Lowry Farmers Market, 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. Saturdays, 7581 East Academy Boulevard, Denver
• Boulder County Farmers Markets, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays and 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays at 13th Street and Canyon Boulevard; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays in Longmont
The City of Aurora offers cooking classes at the Expo Recreation Center including Beginner’s Guide to Preserving Food (Aug. 18) including red onion chutney and ginger plum sauce. Information: auroragov.org/cooking.
Growing Gardens Dinner, Aug. 4, Hawthorn Gardens, Boulder. Information: growinggardens.org. Details: Five-course dinner with fare from eight local chefs uisng local produce and meats benefits the Cultiva Youth Project
ON THE RADIO
• Radio Nibbles, 8:25 a.m. Thursdays, KGNU (88.5 FM, 1390 AM, and KGNU.org. Details: Weekly chat about all things culinary in Colorado (and the world) with Colorado Table Editor John Lehndorff
Send information about food events, classes, festivals, wine dinners and tours in the metro area and all over Colorado to: [email protected]