Denver only ranks ninth. Seattle is America’s most vegetarian-friendly city with the highest percentage of restaurants offering vegetarian fare, topping San Jose, Calif., according to a survey of the country’s top 10 vegetarian cities. According to online food-ordering company GrubHub, the menus of more than 15,000 online ordering restaurants were reviewed to obtain the rankings. Following Seattle and San Jose in the rankings were: San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Tex., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver and Chicago.
Update: Chicken and same sex marriage
Here’s a statement posted on Chick-fil-A’s official Facebook page:
“The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –- regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”
‘Amigo’ opens another Western Slope eatery
The Denver Post reports that Vance Johnson, one of the Broncos’ “Three Amigos” alongside Mark Jackson and Ricky Nattiel, is set to open Vance’s Epicurious near First and Grand in Grand Junction in Smashburger’s former location. He also owns VJ’s Outlaw Ribbs in Parachute. Vance’s Epicurious will boast a diverse menu, with East Coast-style pizza, fish tacos from the West Coast, barbecue from the Midwest (including items from his Parachute restaurant), Hawaiian dishes, and of course, burgers.
From this week’s Colorado Table, the food section and site for the Aurora Sentinel, Buckley Guardian and Life Science:
• Sustainable news about Rocky Ford cantaloupes, big vs. small organic ag, and a great cookie recipe:
• Tasteful events from the Colorado Food Calendar …
COLORADO FOOD INFORMATION
• For more local food information, visit Colorado Table: aurorasentinel.com/colorado-table.
• Radio Nibbles, 8:25 a.m. Thursdays, KGNU (88.5 FM, 1390 AM, and KGNU.org. Details: Weekly chat about all things culinary in Colorado (and the world) with Colorado Table Editor John Lehndorff
• Send information about food events, classes, festivals, wine dinners and tours in the metro area and all over Colorado to: [email protected]