AURORA | The District Attorney’s Office for Adams County says a man accused of briefly kidnapping an 8-year-old Aurora girl from her bedroom is expected to have an advisement hearing by video from jail.

Spokeswoman Sue Lindsay said Monday no time has been set for the hearing.

Police say John Stanley Snorsky was already in custody on an unrelated charge of false reporting to a pawn shop when he was accused in the attempted kidnapping. He now faces charges of kidnapping and burglary.

Police say Snorsky carried the girl from her bedroom to an alley behind her home last week, where she screamed and managed to break free.