TELLURIDE, Colo. | Authorities in southwestern Colorado say they have discovered a suspected home hash oil operation after responding to a dog-bite call.
San Miguel County Sheriff Bill Masters says a deputy went to a home outside Telluride on Tuesday after a man was bit in the crotch by a pit bull. He said the deputy saw butane bottles, several trays of suspected hash oil and some other possibly hazardous materials.
Deputies and firefighters requested a search warrant to re-enter the home. It’s uncertain whether any charges could be filed because authorities are divided over whether the process is illegal or not.
The butane can create fiery explosions, posing a risk to makers of potent hash oil as well as their neighbors.
The man was bleeding heavily and taken to the hospital.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.