Shooter in Colorado rampage legally purchased guns

COLORADO SPRINGS | Authorities say a man who killed three people during a rampage in Colorado Springs was armed with three guns he purchased legally six years earlier.

The rear window of a Colorado Springs Police car is shattered after a shooting Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015, in Colorado Springs, Colo. Multiple are dead, including a suspected gunman, following a shooting spree according to authorities. Lt. Catherine Buckley said the crime scene covers several major downtown streets. (Christian Murdock/The Gazette via AP) MAGS OUT; MANDATORY CREDITThe El Paso County sheriff’s office said Thursday that 33-year-old Noah Harpham had an AR-15 rifle, a 9 mm pistol and a .357 revolver when officers fatally shot him Saturday. Witnesses said he used the rifle to kill a bicyclist and two women who were on the porch of a sober living home before dying in a gunbattle with police.

The sheriff’s office says Harpham bought the guns in 2009, as he had no criminal record preventing him from purchasing them. A motive for the killings remains unknown.

Harpham gave no indication that he was planning violence in a one-minute online video posted two days before the shooting.

Frank2525
Frank2525

Someone called Fox News and they had short take on this. Questioned if police could have reacted faster to 911 call, and saved lives. When will folks realize they must defend themselves, and police will arrive as soon as possible, and if criminal still there (?) will take charge of situation. Before that, stay alert, and there was a time anyone could walk down street, or out of house with gun, get in car, or walk with them, and it was not problem. We honored church attendance, morality, modesty, and families raising and teaching their children. Now in this PC world, of “as I was told on net recently with the Kentucky same marriage flap, as a woman I do with my body what I want”. Okay, wife and I have been married 63 years, and we both still practice what we learned in the 40s, 50, of family quality.
NOW MY QUESTION, IF I HAD BEEN THE FOX REPORTER WHO TOOK THAT CALL, WOULD HAVE BEEN ” IN THIS PC WORLD DID ANYONE CALL THE FBI TO SEND AGENT TO SEE IF THAT WAS A BLACK CARRYING THE RIFLE. IN WHICH CASE THEY WOULD DISPATCH AGENTS TO STUDY POLICE DEPARTMENT AND SEE IF THEY DELAYED?” OKAY. (I AM BEING FICTIOUS WITH THIS).
But is that not what happened in Ferguson, NYC, Baltimore, Houston, and others cities that have been labeled as racist? And has led to changes in town or city management, with a cloud over the town -city as being racist?
I AM TIRED OF THAT BIT, AND THE RACISM OF BLACK LIVES MATTER FOLKS. THEY DEMONSTRATE (EVEN HILLARY’S MEETING WITH NCAACP, TO GET HER ATTENTION, THEN KEPT ON DEMONSTRATING TAKING 30 MINUTES OF HER TIME, WITH GOVERNOR, MAYOR, AND REPRESENTATIVE PRESENT.
——————–
IS IT NOT TIME TO TELL BLACKS; PUT A SOCK IN IT. ALL LIVES MATTER, AND WE WILL DEAL WITH THAT FOR ALL.

Retiree
Retiree
Reply to  Frank2525

People in NYC get stopped by the hundreds of thousands every year just for being black. Perhaps had the police might have taken an interest in a deranged-looking man packing heat we might not be having this conversation right now.

Frank2525
Frank2525
Reply to  Retiree

Not since De Blasio was elected. NYC used to have stop and frisk of any young folks, especially if in groups under Mayor before Bloomberg. And DeBlasio has black son, so is afraid he may be mis-treated. NYC is back to their old habits, similar to Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit.
Now in Detroit, I saw where they have new Mayor, and he has changed the downtown business and moved out the obviously black attracting businesses. Though that cannot be proved, except the owners have found that rent was not paid when due, or other problems, did improvements, than raised rents so the lower paying are gone, replaced by more attractive business stores now. With majority of citizens being black, they are no longer that welcome and are crying (can I use the word “crying the blues?” without being called racist?

Retiree
Retiree
Reply to  Frank2525

You like to talk, but you don’t read very well. My point isn’t about NYC, it’s about what happened in CO Springs. BTW, the stop and frisk stuff is still going on in the big apple.

Frank2525
Frank2525
Reply to  Retiree

You mentioned NYC. Re-read your reply. I have already made my opinion known on Colorado City. Police today in all cities are like the trash people. They come to scene and pick up the bodies, count the bullets, and take all day to do it, since they have to put down all the little markers, take photos and measurements, ask neighbors or anyone on the streets what they saw, heard, or thought. Know the talking parrots on TV are going to ask same questions, and will try hard to victim relative in front of camera, and ask the most important question, that they never miss asking: “How does that make you feel?” If the victim’s relative is crying with some tears, all the better for the TV camera. Okay, does that clear it up? I am too old for this crap. Both of us are. Note the kids are not saying anything. Must be out having a few hits on a bong, mixed with couple of drinks, so they can go have a street race?

Retiree
Retiree
Reply to  Frank2525

I’m not interested in talking about some larger picture that you’re trying to draw. I’m talking about a guy with a gun out on the streets of Colorado Springs and why the cops couldn’t be bothered to check on it. OK, I think we’re done here.

Frank2525
Frank2525
Reply to  Retiree

Yep. Me too. I can’t do anything about that. But we should get back to where the sight of a gun does not send us into “sky is falling, call out the guard, cops, FBI, and get a judge out here now”. In 1963-65, I carried whole arsenal of guns out of Hoffman Heights, to the sand pit, where the dump was. Across from mobile homes, at intersection of Colfax and Airport Road. Fired my 8 mm Mauser action rifle , 38 caliber pistol, and 2- 22 caliber pistols. Had my wife shoot too, since we had a joker who liked to twist doorknobs on houses, where we military instructors was teaching night classes at Lowry. Told my wife (3 children then) that if that happened, I wanted to see row of bullet holes across the door, with one at head level. AND I DID NOT CARE WHEN SHE FIRED THAT WARNING SHOT. JUST REMEMBER TO TELL POLICE, IT WAS THE FIRST ONE FIRED.
Discussion at Lowry during break, and I related that to them, and strange thing. Never had that happen again. Wonder how that works???????? Want to guess.?
Will go to bed soon. Done with Police, CO Sprgs, NYC.

Aldo Elmnight
Aldo Elmnight
Reply to  Retiree

They get stopped for no constitutionally valid reason. New York is the totalitarian wet dream of progressive liberals.

Frank2525
Frank2525

Will take exception to that stop and frisk going on in the big apple too. Where was the National Guard, and all the New York Police the day the “black lives matter crowd” was marching in the street, blocking traffic, chanting “what do we want” “Dead Cops”, “When do we want it”. “NOW”
Is that not anarchy? If some dam fool had fired off a round, what would have happened that day? You know, and I know. Just like Baltimore.

Aldo Elmnight
Aldo Elmnight

But, but, but the progressive liberal fascists told me I would be safe if they passed their “common sense” gun laws.