Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
AURORA WEATHER: Sunny. Highs near 80…Wednesday night…Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s to lower 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
1. HOW HILLARY CLINTON HOPES TO WIN HER PARTY’S NOMINATION
The Democratic front-runner has increasingly moved to the left on domestic policy since announcing her campaign this spring.
2. EVIDENCE IN AIR DISASTER POINTS TO PRO-RUSSIAN SEPARATISTS IN UKRAINE
The missile that brought down Malaysia Flight 17 last year was launched from an area controlled by rebels fighting Ukrainian forces, investigators say.
3. US HELP FOR SYRIAN REBELS BUTTING UP AGAINST LIMITS
The Obama administration is unlikely to protect the CIA-backed rebels from Russian air strikes — by providing them with surface-to-air missiles, for example, officials say.
4. PLANNED PARENTHOOD CHANGING POLICY IN RESPONSE TO FUROR
The organization says it will no longer accept any reimbursement for the costs of making fetal tissue available for research.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA HELPING FUEL WAVE OF VIOLENCE BY PALESTINIANS
Amateur videos promote revenge attacks by showing Israeli forces seemingly using excessive force.
6. WHY PLAYBOY WILL NO LONGER RUN NUDE PHOTOS
These days, you can see far more explicit stuff on your phone than anything Hugh Hefner probably imagined when he launched his pioneering skin magazine 62 years ago.
7. POLICE PROBING ATTACK IN CHURCH IN UPSTATE NEW YORK
A couple is charged with fatally beating their 19-year-old son inside the Word of Life Church — and four fellow church members are charged with assault.
8. JAMAICAN WRITER HONORED WITH BOOKER PRIZE
Marlon James wins the prestigious prize for fiction for his novel based on the attempted assassination of Bob Marley.
9. WHO’S BLAMING HERSELF FOR EARNING LESS THAN MALE CO-STARS
Jennifer Lawrence says she didn’t seek more money for her role in “American Hustle” partly because she didn’t want to come across as “difficult” or “spoiled.”
10. CUBS KNOCK CARDINALS FROM PLAYOFFS
Chicago wins the NL Division Series in four games — clinching a postseason series at Wrigley Field for the first time ever.