Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SUPREME COURT BACKS ASYLUM LIMITS
Justices are allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American immigrants from seeking asylum in the U.S.
2. AND THEN THERE WERE 10
The Democratic Party’s strongest presidential contenders — according to polls and fundraising — meet on the same debate stage for the first time in Houston.
3. TENTATIVE OPIOID DEAL WON’T END COURT BATTLES FOR PURDUE PHARMA
Critics are saying that a tentative settlement reached between the maker of OxyContin and thousands of local governments in more than 20 states doesn’t do enough to hold the drug company responsible.
4. DIVISIONS EXPOSED AS TALIBAN SEEK PEACE DEAL
Even before Trump canceled a mysterious Camp David summit, Taliban negotiators were at odds with leaders of the militant Islamic group.
5. ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS SURGING IN EAST JERUSALEM
New official data obtained by the AP shows a spike in Jewish settlement construction in the Israeli-annexed sector since Trump took office, AP reports.
6. WHAT EXPERTS ARE SAYING ABOUT VAPING FLAVORS
As the industry is focused on leaving the most popular flavors — mint and menthol — alone, public health experts say that all flavors should be banned.
7. AFTER DORIAN, BAHAMAS TACKLES MASSIVE CLEAN-UP
Bahamians sift through debris hunting for prized possessions as they prepare to rebuild from one of the strongest Atlantic hurricanes in history.
8. WHERE SEXUAL ASSAULTS GO LARGELY UNENFORCED
Alaska Native women say the Nome Police Department has a history of failing to conduct full investigations on rape complaints, AP finds.
9. STARK NO-DEAL BREXIT WARNING DOWNPLAYED
The British government insists that its own assessment there could be food and medicine shortages, gridlock at ports and riots in the streets is a worst-case scenario.
10. WALMART ROLLS OUT UNLIMITED GROCERY DELIVERY SUBSCRIPTION
The nation’s largest grocer is locked in an arms race with Amazon and others to expand fresh-food delivery — one of the fastest growing e-commerce sectors.