Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. CHINESE COMPANIES USE WORKERS TO ‘PRE-TEST’ COVID-19 VACCINE
In the global race to make a coronavirus vaccine, a state-owned Chinese company is boasting its employees, including top executives, received experimental shots before the government approved testing in people.
2. CORONAVIRUS CAUSES MORE ILLNESS AND DEATH IN MANY COUNTRIES
Bars may be off the menu and many schools look set to remain closed for months to come as the new coronavirus causes more illness and death in many countries and the U.S. South and West.
3. TRUMP WANTS A SECOND TERM AS PRESIDENT
President Donald Trump is adamant that he wants another four years in office. It’s less clear what he would do with them.
4. ANALYSIS: RISKS GROW AFTER BLAST HITS IRAN’S NUCLEAR PROGRAM
A mysterious explosion and fire at Iran’s main nuclear facility may have stopped Tehran from building advanced centrifuges, but it likely has not slowed the Islamic Republic in growing its stockpile of low-enriched uranium.
5. NICK CANNON APOLOGIZES TO JEWISH COMMUNITY
Nick Cannon apologizes to the Jewish community for his “hurtful and divisive” words, a day after ViacomCBS severed ties with him for the remarks made on a podcast.