Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. US: RUSSIA BEHIND DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN Russian operatives are helping direct the spread of disinformation through websites that have published on the coronavirus pandemic, American politics and international affairs, U.S. officials tell the AP.
2. ‘IT’S A TSUNAMI’ Doctors who faced the first coronavirus onslaught reached across oceans and language barriers in an unprecedented effort to advise colleagues trying to save lives in the dark.
3. GOP’S JOBLESS BENEFIT PLAN COULD MEAN DELAYS State officials across the U.S. say Senate Republicans’ proposed slashing of a federally funded boost in unemployment benefits could delay payments for weeks or even months.
4. WHO SKIPPED FAREWELL TO JOHN LEWIS Donald Trump has long harbored resentments toward the civil rights icon, who called him an illegitimate president because of Russia’s efforts to help him win.
5. HAJJ TAKES A VERY DIFFERENT LOOK Muslim pilgrims begin arriving to Islam’s holiest site in Mecca for the start of a historically unique and scaled-down hajj experience reshaped by the coronavirus pandemic.