Your daily look at late breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TRUMP JOKES WITH PUTIN AT G-20
With a smirk and a finger point, the American leader dryly tells Russia’s president “Don’t meddle with the election” in their first meeting since the Mueller report became public.
2. KAMALA HARRIS DELIVERS CIVIL RIGHTS BLOW ON BIDEN
The California senator offers a deeply personal attack on the former vice president during a Democratic debate, reminding the audience that the then-senator opposed public school busing in the 1970s.
3. WORLD LEADERS CLASHING OVER VALUES AT G-20
The two-day meeting in Japan comes as leaders grapple with tensions over trade, globalization and the collapsing nuclear deal with Iran.
4. SUPREME COURT RULING SHIFTS GERRYMANDERING FOCUS
State capitols can become even more aggressive in drawing voting districts to their benefit after the 2020 census.
5. BORDER BILL EXPOSES DEMOCRATS’ RIFT
Legislation to provide billions of dollars in humanitarian aid to migrants spilling across the U.S. southwest border exposes deep and bitter division among House Democrats.
6. IRAN, NUCLEAR DEAL PARTNERS TO MEET AS ACCORD UNDER THREAT
Iranian officials and the remaining signatories to its 2015 nuclear deal are set to gather in Vienna as tensions simmer in the Persian Gulf.
7. RETIREES LOSE BY TAKING SOCIAL SECURITY EARLY
A new study finds that only 4% of retired workers start claiming their benefits at the most financially optimal time, which is the maximum age of 70.
8. HOUSTON, WE HAVE A RESTORATION
NASA’s old Mission Control has been meticulously restored to the way it looked 50 years ago when two men first landed on the moon.
9. FACEBOOK AIMS FOR MORE TRANSPARENCY
The social network is updating its terms and services guidelines to clarify how it makes money from the personal information of its users.
10. WHO FANS ELECTED BASEBALL ALL-STARS
Cody Bellinger, Christian Yelich and Ronald Acuña Jr. are among those elected starters for one of the youngest All-Star Game lineups ever.