AURORA | Five local educators are due to be honored Friday evening, Aug. 12, for having a positive impact on their high-achieving students.
The teachers are being recognized by virtue of the students they taught, who all have been selected as members of the 2016 class of Boettcher Scholars. The teacher honorees will receive a $1,000 grant from the Boettcher Foundation for an educational project or program at their school.
The Boettcher Scholarship program honors Colorado’s top seniors in high school with full-ride scholarships to a Colorado college or university.
The Aurora teachers to be honored are:
- Tammy Strouse of Rangeview High School, nominated by Alexis Wall;
- Nathaniel Smith of Grandview High School, nominated by Camilla Hallin;
- Courtney Hendricks of Cherokee Trail High School, nominated by Janaye Matthews;
- Eric Eidson of Overland High School, nominated by Jasmine Middleton;
- and Jim Techau of Smoky Hill High School, nominated by Eric Paricio.
To learn more about this year’s class of Boettcher Scholars and the Boettcher Foundation, visit www.boettcherfoundation.org.